With so many different fighting styles in the world today, it has become difficult to choose just one to learn, especially if you want to learn from the top martial arts. Asking what the best martial arts are, will get different answers from different people depending on their own preferences. Most will say the best martial art is the one they have personally chosen, typically for the same reasons they chose to learn it in the first place.
When choosing the top martial arts, new practitioners must ask themselves the reasons they want to learn to fight in the first place. Do you want to learn martial arts because you want to join competitions, or are you looking to learn to defend yourself? This list of reasons will affect the martial art that will suit you best.
What If I Just Want to Defend Myself?
If you want to learn martial arts because you want to defend yourself, then you may want to avoid those styles mostly consisting of grappling and ground work. For pure self-defense, you must be able to survive in a street fight. The styles requiring you to go to the ground are a serious disadvantage in a street fight, as you are typically faced with more than one opponent. Going to the ground in a multiple attacker situation is an easy way to get stomped by the attackers still standing. A martial art which teaches you to defend yourself while standing up, disable your opponent(s) and escape is preferable.
There is a lot of street fighting systems being taught around the world. These street fighting systems are becoming more and more popular because of the increasing danger in today’s society. With street crime so common, no one can be sure about their safety, especially in high risk areas. If you want to learn the top martial arts for street fighting, here are some tips on how to choose:
- The technique must teach you to defend against multiple enemies – almost all martial arts can be used against single opponents, however, not all street fights are always a one-on-one fight. You need to find the top martial arts which teach you to effectively handle two or more people while under stress.
- Look for the top martial arts which do not limit the techniques with unarmed combat – during a street fight, you cannot expect your opponent not to be armed. They may use weapons like knives or blunt objects they find lying around. It’s crucial to learn a style able to teach you how to defend yourself against these types of modern weapons, as your life may depend on being able to disarm and disable these threats promptly.
- Remember that there are no rules during a street fight- anything can happen, and you cannot tell your opponent that they can’t hit below the belt or that you need a rest, so be prepared for anything. Ensure the martial art you choose can teach you techniques useable in real-life situations and not just prepare you for competitions. Expect that your opponents will use every advantage and will sometimes resort to “cheating”.
If you are unsure which top martial arts to learn, why not look at this system we recommended and learn some of the best self defense techniques which you can use to defend yourself and anyone with you. The program covers how to use your environment to your advantage and survive any situation even if the odds are against you.
Other Martial Arts Beginners Are Also Reading
- Why Wearing a Jiu Jitsu Gi Is Important When Training?
- Are Ice Baths Truly Effective At Relaxing Those Hurting MMA Muscles Away
- Top MMA Apparel Contenders – Hitman FightGear
👍 For Adults
- Ecko Unlimited Dresses You Up in Style
- Karate Kihon: What Do We Mean By Basics?
- HAPKIDO – Mastering The Art
👍 For Kids
- Which sports are most popular in America? Here are what is supposed to be the top 20!
- What You Will Learn At Dojo Of Traditional Japanese Jiu-jitsu
- What Martial Art Is Best For Me | Expert Review
👍 Martial Arts Equiptments