Martial arts have grown in popularity over the years, and just as programs differ, the martial arts stretching requirements for them differ, also. Taekwondo, northern shaolin and savate all have many movements requiring extremely high kicks, and so flexibility stretching programs for them should emphasize stretching the legs, increasing the flexibility in hamstrings and hips; however, in the grappling arts the flexibility stretches would focus more on the core body and arms.
If you’re just starting out in martial arts, you’ll need a more well rounded martial arts stretching regimen to increase your flexibility in general.
A good martial arts stretching program should include several parts to maximum efforts, as well as maintain safety. Here are tips to help keep your program of flexibility stretches both effective and completely safe.
1. Implementing a Morning Stretch
To explode your progress you should incorporate a morning routine of martial arts stretching into your lifestyle. Do your flexibility stretches for up to a half hour before you have breakfast each morning. Star with a warm up, use several dynamic stretches as part of the routine, and then cool down.
Static, isometric and PNF stretches are hard on the muscular system, have a long recovery time and should be left for the main stretching work-out. It may take some effort to work up to a morning stretching routing, it’ll be well worth it in the end.
>>> Read Next >>>
2. Warming Up
A dual warm-up procedure is an important part of a martial arts stretching workout. It should include calisthenics which will increase body temperature and increase the blood flow to the muscles. Next, the specific warm-up has dynamic, more specific flexibility stretches that mimic your martial art.
In order to properly exercise, especially during the morning, you have to warm up properly, because your body is usually tighter in the morning and requires more stretching.
After the specific warm-up is completed, the main part of the stretching routine can be started, in this part of the routine you may focus on the flexibility needs of your particular martial arts program.
>>> Read Next >>>
3. Cooling Down
After the main martial arts stretching routine, it’s time to cool down. You’ll find that your cool down will look not dissimilar from your warm up, as you need to get blood flowing to your muscles to help them adjust.
4. Safety and Injury Prevention.
Health and skill development is the whole idea of a martial arts stretching routine. Injuries to any part of your body can derail your progress. Follow these hints to keep your flexibility stretches safe.
* Talk to a physician before you start a stretching or training routine of any kind. You’ll not only be safer when you do it, you’ll have the approval of your doctor, leaving you feeling more free to make progress.
* Flexibility stretches should never cause pain at any time. If you feel a sharp pain as you exercise, stop immediately; the most you should be feeling is a warm or small burning feelingin your muscle.
Even a small amount of pain can signal muscular or connective issue injury and puts you at greater risk of permanent damage to your body. If you have any sort of pain as you start stretching, talk to your physician.
* Do not bounce or bob during stretching. This is called ballistic stretching and carries an unnecessary risk of injury.
Please visit http://www.martialartsstretching.com for more information on martial arts stretching methods, routines and flexibility stretches that can help you increase flexibility and speed your journey of advancement within your martial art.
Other Martial Arts Beginners Are Also Reading
- MMA Rash Guards Offer Extra Protection
- MMA Clothes And Fight Wear Is Becoming Big Business As The Sport Of MMA Grows
- A Jiu Jitsu Gi And Jiu Jitsu Pro Gear Are Essential To Training Your Ground Game
👍 For Adults
- HAPKIDO – Mastering The Art
- Hayabusa Fightwear, An Industry Leader Trusted By MMA Fighters And Fans Alike
- Martial Arts Stretching – Building A Quality Routine
👍 For Kids
- A Look At The Most Popular Martial Arts Styles
- Starting Out In Aikido
- Which Sports Are Most Popular In America? Here Are What Is Supposed To Be The Top 20!
👍 Martial Arts Equiptments