Mixed Martial Arts is definitely one of the fastest-growing combat sports in the country or world for that matter. More and more people young and old are entering the sport every day. As a huge fan of the sport and owner of an online MMA store and blog, I get a lot of people asking me what the best MMA training gear is.
Proper and quality MMA training gear and fighting gear is essential when you start training any combat sport and especially MMA. Below is a list of fighting gear and clothing that is essential for this sport:
✅ Best Mouth Guard For MMA Training
Pretty Good Mouth Guard – It is hard to mess up a mouth guard and they did not. It looks just like the posted pictures. The instructions come in Chinese though. So you will have to look up how to boil mouth guards if you are unfamiliar.. The long and short, sit the mouth guard in boiling water for about 12 seconds so the gel can get soft. Put the guard in your mouth, put you tongue to the roof of your mouth, and create a sealed vacuum inside your mouth. You only have to hold that for about 20 seconds and then you will be good.
✅ Best Ringside Groin and Abdominal Boxing Protector
This is great protection! – Does the job and worth the money. Will be spending more for a cup with better hip protection. Great cup if you like lease amount of weight on body.
✅ Best Training Rash Guard For MMA BJJ Wrestling
Great value that serves its purpose, but is it truly a “rashguard”? – The fit is good enough to be useful, however. Unlike a normal t-shirt, this will not ride up your torso while grappling. It will generally stay in place. That said, it is still much looser than a standard rashguard, meaning the possibility of a finger getting caught under the fabric exists.
✅ Best Boxing Training Gloves For Men And Women
High quality, inexpensive gloves – These gloves are comfortable and come on and off easy with the Velcro straps. Great price for training gloves for bag and mitt work. The are also cool and don’t get too hot or sweaty during training sessions. It’s also nice that they come with a mesh bag and a pair of hand wraps.
✅ Best Fighting Head Guard Sparring Helmet
Excellent Product for People who Tend to Fall on their Face – This headgear will fit both adults and kids. Like the wide velcro strap behind the head so fits nicely. The synthetic leather probably won’t last years but with care hopefully get some usage out of it. The padding is thick enough for some protection of the head, jaw and chin. Direct foreword blow the nose if someone using boxing gloves won’t hit but with open fist easily hit your nose. So probably good for boxing. For the price it’s pretty descent.
✅ Best Venum Challenger Standup Shinguards
Comfortable fit, durable – Good quality product, has withstood many training sessions so far. Has some good features, like Velcro straps on the inside (so they don’t scratch you if something gets loose) Easy to put on/off, straps are big enough to accommodate a second pair of shin guards underneath. They take impact really well, and are so light you hardly know you’re wearing them.
✅ Best Men’s MMA Grappling Shorts
MAXIMUM STRETCH – Legend has it your training shorts were designed from the same material as Stretch Armstrong. Ok, not really, but they have an incredible stretch that allows you to focus on your roll and not your gear.
✅ Best Venum Boxing Hand Wraps
Great price and quality – These wraps are great! Nice and long and allow you to property wrap your hands. If you want to be able to wrap your hands correctly you would stick to the longer wraps.
- MMA Mouth Guard – An MMA Mouth Guard is perfect for keeping those pretty teeth where they belong, in your mouth! The mouth guard protects the teeth and jaw while sparring or competing and reduces the chance of concussions. A mouth guard should conform to the upper teeth so it does not obstruct breathing when the mouth is open.
- Groin Protectors – The groin protector is usually made from multiple layers of foam surrounding a thick plastic shell, and encased in vinyl to make it very protective and durable. This guard can be worn on top of or underneath clothing.
- MMA Rash Guards – Are moisture wicking, resist bacteria, fungus, mildew and viruses like Staph which are common in MMA dojos. Rash Guards are also odor resistant. MMA Rash Guards are built for comfort and breathe ability for maximum durability and best performance on the mat.
- Boxing/MMA Gloves – When training MMA you will need a pair of boxing gloves for pad work, bag work and for sparring. For sparring you will want to have a pair of 16oz gloves.
- Sparring Headgear – Sparring headgear helps protect your head by absorbing blows when training. It is a good idea to ALWAYS where headgear and mouthpiece when sparring.
- MMA Shin Guards – When training your stand-up it is a good idea to wear shin guards. They will protect your shins from shin to shin contact, which until your shins get conditioned is very painful.
- MMA Fight Shorts – MMA fight shorts are shorts which are specifically designed for training Mixed Martial Arts. The material is usually very flexible and the shorts will usually have waist ties and velcro closure. Some mma shorts have a split seam at the leg to allow less resistance when kicking.
- MMA Handwraps – Handwraps are used to protect the hands from being injured. It is a good idea to always wrap your hands when doing any type of striking, such as pad work, bag work or sparring.
We help this list helps anyone that is considering taking up the sport of mma or any other combat sport for that matter.
Other Martial Arts Beginners Are Also Reading
👍 For Adults
- Dress Like MMA Royalty With Stylish New Dethrone Royalty Clothing
- Hayabusa Fightwear, An Industry Leader Trusted By MMA Fighters And Fans Alike
- Health In Martial Arts (Part 1)
👍 For Kids
- The “Tae Kwon Do” White Belt Class 1: The “Mystery Sweater”
- Building Your Child’s Character By Enrolling Them In Ninjutsu And Other Martial Arts Training
- Explained By Expert: Differences Between Kung Fu Vs Taekwondo | Martial Arts In [year]
👍 Martial Arts Equiptments