The question on everyones mind, are martial-arts self-defense? It could honestly be a yes or no. For example, martial arts certainly contain some self defense moves, so they obviously have self defense applications. However, self defense isn’t the only aspect here. Instead of simply learning self defense, they also contain many aspects that become more of a lifestyle. This is the reason why martials dedicate years to training while most self defense practitioners need only a few months to learn to defend themselves. Rather than learning the entire art, they learn only the most applicable self defense techniques that will keep them safe on the street.
But what about true martial-arts self-defense. Does such a thing even exist? Systems have in fact attempted to be martial arts self defense systems but the question is do they really work? Krav Maga and Systema are some examples of these. Almost entirely dedicated to teaching you self defense moves, these arts have very little “fluff” involved. However, they still cling to martial arts techniques, and this is there shortcomings. They still have an extra long learning curve with martial arts techniques that self defense systems do not have. So these systems are not the best way to learn proper self defense techniques despite the fact that they can most certainly be used as martial arts self defense solutions. If you want to defend yourself, I recommend you find a competent self defense instructor that teaches a solid system specifically designed for reality based self defense(RBSD).
RBSD is very beneficial in that you are able to learn and master everything you need to know to defend yourself in a short amount of time. These self defense moves can be learned in just weeks and not many years of training. You won’t see any silly belts here. Probably not in a good realistically based self defense system. So if you are looking for martial arts self-defense do yourself a favor and go look around and find a good RBSD school.
Other Martial Arts Beginners Are Also Reading
- Is a Muay Thai Bag Different than a Boxing Bag?
- Will There Ever Be Equality in MMA Scoring?
- MMA Rash Guards and Grappling Rash Guard Have Many Benefits When Training MMA
👍 For Adults
- Which sports are most popular in America? Here are what is supposed to be the top 20!
- Martial Arts in the Digital Age
- Muso Jikiden Ryu Lai-Jutsu – Basic Overview Of The System
👍 For Kids
- Best Martial Arts Styles And Actions In [year] | Exercise Under COVID-19
- What Martial Art Is Best For Me | Expert Review
- Explained By Expert: Differences Between Kung Fu Vs Taekwondo | Martial Arts In [year]
👍 Martial Arts Equiptments